Whether your computer is at home and contains personal, financial and private information or your organization stores records containing trade secrets, health, financial banking, or other confidential and classified information the destruction of your data should be your first priority when preparing to refresh or renew your electronic assets.
Capitol Asset Recycling has a federal government contract for classified data destruction. Government customers can use GSA Contract: GS-03F-0107W to order destruction services for both on-site and off-site physical destruction of hard drives, backup tapes, CD/DVDs, Blackberries/PDAs and more. Corporate customers can call us directly for information about our data destruction services. We provide all of our customers with Certificates of Destruction and offer all our customers full indemnity for their data and electronic equipment.
Capitol Asset Recycling offers the following destruction services to customers nationwide:
- On-site Shredding
- Shredding At Our Secure Facility (at our 56,000 square foot Hyattsville, MD facility)
- Incineration (Waste-to-Energy facilities nationwide)
- Degaussing- (the process of reducing or eliminating an unwanted magnetic field (or data) stored on tape and disk media such as computer and laptop hard drives.)
- Classified Destruction
- Secure Transportation
- Complete Audit Trail
- Certificates of Destruction
We are certified by the Defense Logistics Information Service (DLIS) to store and transport military critical technical data, our certification number is 0056296 and it expires November 15, 2014.
Compliance and Quality Control
Our data destruction staff goes through complete personal background checks to be sure they can handle security procedures for the destruction of classified data. Once they are approved, they sign privacy agreements as it relates to customer data. Capitol Asset Recycling’s quality control protocols are second to none. Our destruction services assist our customers to become compliant with the following laws:
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- FACTA Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- FDA Security Regulations (21 C.F.R. part 11)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- NIST SP 800-53
- Add NIST SP 800-171
- Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act
- Patriot Act of 2002
- PCI Data Security Standard
- US Safe Harbor Provisions
- Various state laws
- JFAN 6/3
- Gramm-leach-Bliley Act
Capitol Asset Recycling takes all of our customer data whether classified or unclassified very seriously; we have destroyed millions of pieces of electronic media without any security breaches, schedule setbacks, or cost overruns. Click below for more information about our data destruction service offerings.