It is Capitol Asset Recycling’s guiding principle to drive its business as a member of the community dedicated to thorough environmental controls and with concern for the welfare of our shared environment. Our objective is to ensure that our workplaces and operations are in conformity with federal, state and local environmental standards. We believe that a suitable equilibrium can be achieved between environmental goals and economic strength. We are a leader in effective environmental management. This calls for each Capitol Asset Recycling employee to contribute and accept responsibility for attaining the following objectives:
- Operation of our establishments in an environmentally sound approach
- Preservation and recycling of raw materials and reduction in the amount of waste created by the company’s processes
- Safe handling of product materials and scrap generated
The company’s pledge to these objectives includes the following fundamental principles:
- All company facilities will function in an environmentally responsible way and in conformity with environmental rules and regulations.
- Through audits and other methods, the company will examine operations to help declare that practices in our facilities conform to our policies.
- Capitol Asset Recycling management will make environmental responsiveness and resource conservation a fundamental part of business management, and will support finding valuable solutions to such environmental problems that may occur.
- Capitol Asset Recycling will uphold a compliance program to notify and educate employees in the performance of their obligation to execute the company’s environmental plans.
Due to the industry that Capitol Asset Recycling resides in, rational and practical environmental management is primarily a matter for our local operations. Each Capitol Asset Recycling workplace is expected to administer its activities in a manner that will realize the goals of this Environmental Policy. Each Capitol Asset Recycling employee is expected to work toward these objectives and is encouraged to warn his or her supervisor promptly of any situation that may be in conflict with this policy.